Introduction to the Parallel Line Calculator
The parallel lines calculator is an online free tool that can calculate the equation of a line parallel to the given equation of a line. It uses the slope of one line and a point to find the equation of a line parallel to the first line.
In geometry, you primarily use the equation of a line to find another parallel equation. Many students find difficulty finding a new equation of a line because of their lack of interest in geometry. We introduce a tool that can calculate a line's equation and make this subject interesting for you by providing an easy solution.
How to Use a Two Parallel Lines Calculator?
A step-by-step method to use this geometry tool of parallel line calculator with point is given by:
- In the first step, you need to enter the slope value in the “Value of m” box.
- Select the sign from the signature box.
- Enter the value of c in the “Value of c” box.
- Now enter the value of a point for which you want to calculate the equation of a parallel line.
- Click on the calculate button.
You will get the result within a few moments of clicking on the calculate button.
The Formula used by Parallel Line Equation Calculator
Two lines with equal distance from each other that lie in the same plane and do not intersect are called parallel lines. The equation of a straight line and the slope of the first line are used to calculate the equation of the second line.
The equation of a line calculator uses the following formulas to calculate the equation of a parallel line.
- The equation of straight line in slope-intercept form is given by:
- $$ y \;=\; mx \;+\; c $$
Where m is the slope of the line.
- The equation of line in point-slope form with point (xo,yo) is given by:
- $$ y \;-\; y_o \;=\; m(x \;-\; x_o) $$
To calculate equation of parallel line to the given equation m=mo is taken by the geometry tool.
Why use The Equation of a Line Calculator
Two lines are said to be parallel if they are in the same plane with equal distance and do not intersect each other. This concept usually tells the relationship between two lines. A piece of profound knowledge is required to understand this concept. Many students feel difficulty in finding the equation of line because of the lack of grip in math.
While calculating the equation line, you can forget to differentiate between different forms of the equations. We made the equation of a line calculator to evaluate both the slope-intercept and point-intercept forms of the equation so that it can be helpful for you. That’s why you need to use this tool.
Advantages of Parallel Line Step by Step Calculator
The linear equation is a tool to solve many problems in mathematics and in our daily lives. The parallel line calculator with steps is made to assist you in solving problems related to geometry. This tool has many beneficial uses. These are:
- Parallel line equation calculator makes the concept of geometry interesting for you by solving the problem in steps.
- It explains every step and formula involved so that you can understand calculations and the concept.
- The geometry tool has some fantastic features like the load examples option.
- Two parallel lines calculator can save time to find a parallel line through a point calculator, when you first understand the concept and then solve the problem manually.
- It is a free tool, so you don’t need to pay any fee.